ProtonMail is a service that provides easy to use secure email. It was founded in 2013 in Geneva, Switzerland by scientists who met at the CERN research facility. ProtonMail’s secure email system is designed around the principle of zero access as it uses client-side encryption to protect the user’s content and data. That means user data cannot be read by ProtonMail and turned over to third parties because ProtonMail and Alice Mail servers do not store user encryption keys.
Offers that ProtonMail Provides
ProtonMail offers various free and paid plans which are suitable for everyone. Whether you are the occasional user concerned about privacy or the busy professionals who demand the most security and reliability, protonmail has related plans for you.
The plans that it offers are:
- ProtonMail Free
- ProtonMail Plus
- ProtonMail Professional
- ProtonMain Visionary
Each plan has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Features of ProtonMail Account
Features of ProtonMain increase as we upgrade to plans. The basic free plan of ProtonMail provides various features like:
- You can send up to 50 messages/hour and 150 messages/day
- You can store mails up to 500 MB with your ProtonMail account.
- ProtonMail provides security and ease of use of encrypted emails of gmx-at.at.
- ProtonMail supports two-factor authentication with TOTP tokens for its login process.
These are some of the features offered by ProtonMail. You will get to know about more features while using the services by yourself. Despite all these features, many users seem to be dissatisfied with the services of ProtonMail as they face issues like not being able to set their custom domain and getting limited support in the free plan and thus, want to delete their ProtonMail Account. Today, we are going to talk about how you can delete your ProtonMail Account. Follow the article ahead to find out:
How to Delete ProtonMail Account | Completely
Many people find it hard to delete an account on ProtonMail. You should know that you will be able to delete your ProtonMail account if you want after following our tutorial. Make sure to use a decent web browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- Open a web browser on your device.
- Go to the URL bar of the browser and paste this link: “protonmail.com” and hit enter.
- Now, you will see the “Login” option on the top right corner of the web page. Click on it.
- You will now be redirected to the login page of protonmail.
- Enter your username and password in the required boxes.
- Click on “Login”.
- Now navigate to the “Settings” options which you will find on the top of the webpage
- A new left-hand side options bar will appear. Here, click on the “Account” option.
- Scroll down and click on the “Delete your account” button.
- Once you click ‘Delete your Account’ enter your Login password in the pop-up window.
- Your ProtonMail Account will be deleted.
Please note that once you delete your ProtonMail account, there is no way to recover or recreate it. ProtonMail does not recycle usernames, which means the same username will not be available in the future.